Civil services IAS exam the dream job for today, generation is one of the toughest exam being conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE commission). Everyone craves for getting this the most prestigious and high stature job like anything. It earns a great respect for the every single qualifier as this service is really a back bone for India with a extreme responsibility to be carried with it.
It can be seen that in-spite of having such big corporate industries a major population fills posts through various streams to be a part of it however the ratio is very small to be get selected. And those who got selected hold key positions in Union government, State government and public sector undertakings.
The up most method to clear this exam is to stay motivated the most. Even a single moment to be disconnected from your goal may become a big barrier before your dream. You need to keep update the files of your brain through all the processes of IAS. We here only talk about the UPSC civil service exam 2014 like syllabus, exam pattern, papers, notifications, dates, how to apply, number of attempts, eligibility criteria and other important things about the exam.
Pattern of Examination of UPSC Civil Service Exam 2014
To start with according to the revised syllabus pattern IAS is now going to test the aspirant’s intellectual ability with the exam set-up of 9 papers and all of them are of descriptive type. The exam is conducted by UPSC having two successive stages.
- Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination is conducted to select candidates for final examination by putting objective type questions. This exam will consist two questions papers maximum of 200 marks each. All the questions will be of objective questions. The duration of the preliminary exam will be of 2 hours. But the blind candidates will have extra 20 minutes for each paper.
- Final Examination/Main Examination: The main examination will consist of two papers. Paper A: The paper A will contain on the language test selected by the candidates carrying 300 maximum marks.The paper I will be of two sections. The main examination consists of written test and interview to select candidates in the services and posts as mentioned below.
The following exam pattern is according to new syllabus and pattern as issued in the employment news dated 6 to 12 April, 2013.
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2014 Exam DAtes
All these phases of exams are grouped in three sets 1st :- is prelims conducted in the month of May/June and results in first half of August. 2nd :- is mains which is conducted in the month of October/November and result usually published in second week of March. 3rd:- is personality test held in the month of April/May and its result is declared before a few days of commencement of next preliminary exam. That means you need to wait for three results which I think is the most difficult and impatient job to do i.e. to wait for any results
No. of Attempts
These are only 4 even if you fails in prelims you are considered to be have lost a chance. For OBC candidates there are 7 attempts but for SC/ST candidates no bar to attempt.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Service Exam
a) Age: Upper limit of age is 30 for general candidates as on 1 August of that year and 35 for ST/SC candidates.
- Candidates having a degree of M.B.B.S but have not completed internship can also apply for the Civil Service Exam.
- Candidates who have appeared for the examination which is approved by the commission as it is eligible exam for the preliminary exam application can also apply even the result has not been declared yet.
Percentage of Selection
Every year about 550,000 candidates share their seat at exam but approximate 850 are selected for personality interview out of which only 80 comes out as shining stars.
How to Apply
The procedure to fill application is very simple and common. The application form can be submit only by through online procedure. The procedure to apply online is given below step by step.
- Go to the main website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Find here the link “Online application for various examination by UPSC”.
- Go to the link and find the examination name for which you are going to apply.
- Here you will find only the open examinations link. Suppose if the last date of the particular examination has expired. The link will be disabled.
- There is two parts for registration as a candidate. You have to register first as a part I registration.
- After that a transaction ID will be generated and you are eligible for the 2nd registration.
- Now the next step to deposit application fee through SBI Challan or SBI net banking or with any debit or credit card.
So what to do Now?
The idea behind it making it so difficult is to that the selected one is to protect laws and regulations of country which needs a higher determination and focused towards his goal with having a very sharp mind to make even minute observations not around itself but throughout the country.
So from you have to alert about the latest notification of UPSC Civil Service Examination 2014. We update this page whenever the commission publish new notification in newspapers or on the official website. So you should bookmark this page to get future updates
UPSC Civil Service Examination 2014 Notifications
Notification No. 04/2013: Last date to apply 4th April, 2013 (Closed).