Staff selection commission (SSC) conducts “SSC Stenographer Exam” every year for the recruitment of Stenographer under Grade C & Grade D. Interested and eligible candidates have to follow the pre requisite format in order to get selected for the post. We are giving here the important information related to SSC Steno Exam like eligibility criteria, dates, online application form, selection procedure, application procedure, notifications, references and more.
SSC Steno Exam 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be cleared by the candidates as prescribed by SSC.
- Age Limit: The candidates have to be between the ages of 18 to 27 years, however age relaxation can be allowed as per the Govt. Instructions. Relaxation in age is provided to the reserved category and it will be applicable as per the rule i.e. 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for the OBC Category and 10 years for PH OBC applicants and a maximum of 15 years for PH SC / ST applicants.
- Qualification: Moreover the contender should be 12 standard pass or hold a degree from any open university or from Distance Education Mode and the same needs to be recognized by the Distance Education Council like IGNOU.
- Stenographer Grade C in SSC are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government which are mostly located in Delhi.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ are grouped into two parts, which are as follows:
- Group X is for the Ministries/Departments of Central Government which will be located mostly in Delhi.
- Group Y will be for Offices/Departments of the Central Government including Attached or Subordinate Offices located in the States and Union Territories of the country.
The selection procedure for the post is done on the basis of skill test and written examination of the candidates.
In order to clear the written exam the candidates have to go through the following papers, i.e., General Intelligence and Reasoning, English language and comprehension and General Awareness. This exam will be taking place for a duration of 2 hours for the General candidates, starting from 10:00 AM till 12:00 pm and for visually handicapped candidates the time will be extended by 40 minutes i.e., 2 hr and 40 minutes, starting from 10:00 AM till 12:40 pm. The papers General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness will be for 50 marks and English language and comprehension will be on 100 marks, hence the total mark for the paper would be 200 marks.
Application Form & Application Fees
The application will be entertained with the payment of Rs 100. The applicant should pay the same only through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps ( CRFS ) or they can pay the fees either by SBI Challan or SBI Net Banking. The SC/ST Category and the women candidates will be exempted from paying the same fee. The candidates have to attach all the required documents like Cast, Education and they have to fix a recent photograph which should be sent to the given address as provided on the notification file. Call letter will be issued only to those candidates who will be filling the form accurately and those whose forms will reach before the mentioned date.
Important Dates (Awaiting Notification)
- The tentative date for publishing of official notification is 1st Aug, 2015.
- The deadline to submit online application form is 31st Aug, 2015.
- SSC will conduct exam on 27th Dec, 2015.
We will update here when SSC publish official notification for SSC Stenographer, Grade C & Grade D Exam 2015. So please subscribe your email ID for instant alert. The candidates can ask any queries related to SSC Stenographer Exam 2015 via comment form given below.