Staff Selection commission (SSC) will recruit people for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) for the year 2014. The selection is done on the basis on certain pre specified format. The contenders have to initially fulfill some of the qualifying / eligibility criterion in order to go to the second step of the selection procedure.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Jr Engg. Exam 2014
- Age Limit: The candidates have to be between the ages of 18 to 32 years, however age relaxation can be allowed as per the Govt. Instructions. Relaxation in age is provided to the reserved category and it will be applicable as per the rule i.e. 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for the OBC Category.
- Qualification: Moreover the candidate should possess a qualified bachelor degree in engineering in the respective discipline from any recognized university.
Number of Vacancies: The number of vacancies varies from year to year but in 2014 it is expected to be similar to the last year.
Selection Procedure: In order to get selected the candidates has to clear the written exam followed by the interview.
SSC Jr Engg. Exam 2014 Written Exam Structure
The written exam is conducted on two papers.
- Paper I is based on objective type and it is divided into two parts, i.e., General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Engineering civil and Structural or Electrical or Mechanical and General Awareness. General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness will be of 50 marks and General Engineering for 100 marks. The duration for this exam would be 2 hours, starting at 10 AM till 12 PM.
- Paper II is structured as conventional type, which is based on General Engineering i.e., civil and Structural or Electrical or Mechanical. The paper will be set for 300 marks and 2 hours will be allotted for finishing the paper from 2 PM to 4 PM.
Candidates have to attempt only one subject from General Engineering in Paper-I and Paper-II. In the objective type, i.e., Paper I there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. After clearing the written examination, the candidates have to go through the personal interview of 100 marks. The SC/ST Category candidates will be given TA for appearing in the interview.
Syllabus for SSC Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) Exam 2014
The candidates have to go through the following subject details in order to clear the exam.
- General Intelligence would measure the candidates on Similarities and differences, Analysis and judgment, Space visualization, Decision making, analogies and visual memory, Relationship concepts, Discriminating observation, Problem solving, and Figure classification.
- General Awareness will be on history, sports, geography, culture, economic scenes, scientific research and general polity.
- In civil engineering the contenders shall have vast knowledge of building materials, surveying, soil mechanics, soil, hydraulics and environmental engineering.
- In Electrical matters on Basic Electrical Engineering & Electricity Measurements, Electrical machines, 1-phase and 3-phase Transformers, General, Transmission and Distribution and Utilization of Electrical Energy.
In order to apply for the post the candidates has to pay to an application fee of Rs 100 either by SBI Challan or by SBI Net Banking. The SC/ST Category and the women candidates will be exempted from paying the same fee. The filling the form can be done either online or offline. After filling the information, photo, signature and the photocopies of the required documents needs to be attached with the form and they have to be send to the Staff Selection Commission. Call letter will be issued only to those candidates who will be filling the form accurately and those whose forms will reach before the stipulated date. The starting date of online registration is 22nd February 2014 and the Last date of online application form is 21st March 2014. The Written Examination will be held on 25th May 2014.
The candidates should bookmark this page and visit again on 22nd Feb, 2014 to download the official notification for SSC Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) Exam 2014.