Like every year, this year also the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is holding a combined graduate level examination starting from 9th Aug, 2016. The SSC combined graduate level examination is popularly known as SSC CGL exam. We will discuss here the latest revised exam pattern and scheme of SSC CGL Exam 2016. This exam consists of two levels. The tier I level is to be held on 9th Aug, 2016 and 16th Aug, 2016 and then subsequently the tier II level examination will be held. The tier II level examination can only be appeared by candidates who have successfully passed tier I exam. All the candidates who will be successful in the written examination will have to later on appear for an interview or skill test or the computer proficiency test. The candidates can apply online via online application form provided by the official website www.ssconline.nic.in.
Number of Vacancies
The number of vacancies for this examination has not yet been declared by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). But you can expect over 30000 vacancies if we compare 2014 & 2015 notification. However they have decided to declare the number of vacancies for each post before one month of the result declaration. It has been notified that as per the government guidelines there will be reserved vacancies for the ex- servicemen, the scheduled tribes, the scheduled castes, other backward classes and physically handicapped candidates. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately as per the merit list of the reserved category candidates. The allotment of all the seats are as per the preferences given by the candidates and number of vacancies that will be left in each category.
Pay Band & Grade Pay for the posts which interview is prescribed:
Pay Band & Grade Pay for the posts which interview is not prescribed:
The following eligibility criteria will be cleared by the candidates to apply for SSC CGL 2016 Exam. It may change any time after issuing the latest notification. So here is the information based on SSC CGL 2016 notification.
- Age Limit: The age limit as prescribed in the notification by SSC CGL 2016 is not exceeding 26 years for Statistical Investigators, 20 to 27 years for Assistants/Sub Inspectors in SBI and 18 to 27 years for other all posts.
- Qualification: The graduation degree is required to apply exam. For complete detail about the qualification refer official notification. The official notification links are given below under the heading of references.
SSC CGL 2016 Exam Structure/Scheme
There are total 3 tiers in SSC CGL Exam 2016. Tier I and Tier II level examinations are written exams. The tier II level test is objective type having multiple choice patterns. Although the tier I exam test the candidates in four sections – quantitative aptitude, general intelligence and reasoning, English comprehension and general awareness, the tier II examination is mainly based on the quantitative aptitude general English and statistics or economics or mathematics or commerce. A candidate is allowed to appear for the tier II examination only if he or she secures the required cut off marks in the tier I exam. The required cut off marks will be declared by the SSC during the result declaration of tier I examination.
Complete Detail About Tier-I Written Exam Scheme:
Note: The statistics paper is compulsory only for the candidates who are going to apply for the posts of Statistical Investigators posts. So, Quantitative Aptitude and English papers are mandatory for all rest of the posts.
Tier – III – Personality Test or Interview or Skill Test: The last stage is personal interview or personality test of 100 marks. SSC will select some skill test like typing test, CPT physical tests according to the job profile.
SSC CGL 2016 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the tier II examination is almost the same as that of the tier I exam for the quantitative part and the English section. The syllabus for
- Quantitative aptitude – Work, time and distance Basic algebra, the graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles (which includes Congruence and similarity of triangles) Circles, Heights and Distances, percentages, ratios, profit and loss, averages, simple and compound interests, etc.
- English – voices (active and passive voice), the synonyms and antonyms, Rapid Fillers, sentence corrections, passage based questions etc.
For the statistics or economics or mathematics or commerce section the candidates have to take special preparation as per their academic syllabus of the particular subject.
Important Dates to Apply for SSC CGL 2016 Exam
- The online registration for Part-I starts from 2nd May, 2015 and close on 26th May, 2015 (5:00 PM). The registration will close on 28th May, 2015 (5:00 pm) for Part -II.
- The exam will conduct on 9th Aug, 2015 & 16th Aug, 2015
SSC CGL Application Procedure, Application Fee & Online Application Form
The application fee for this exam is one hundred rupees. The procedure to deposit fee is online or offline. The candidates who are interested to apply for the exam should visit the official website of SSC i.e. ssconline.nic.in
References: The following links for the candidates who are serious to apply for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2015. You must download the official recruitment notification before submitting application form.
SSC CGL Exam 2016 Important Pages