In this article, we will cover all the aspects of GATE Exams 2016 like amendments/modification in new notification of GATE Exams 2016 along with other information like What is GATE, Dates of examination, Papers and Codes, Eligibility Criteria, how to apply for GATE 2016 Exams, application fees and latest in GATE exams 2016. Don’t hesitate to ask your questions in the comment form for the procedure related thereto. At the end of this article, you can find the latest recruitment 2016 through GATE 2016.
The term GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Each year students are who are pursuing final year of engineering or have already complete engineering apply for this exam with a view to register themselves for Post-Graduation (PG) Program in the realm of engineering which allows them to hold the designation of M. Tech and direct PhD. The exam is hosted by two of the most prestigious educational institutes in India, namely, IIT and IIS. The score obtained in GATE is also recognized by other public and private sector companies.
Gate Recruitment 2016 Exams Dates
Here are some dates which are very important for a candidate who is looking forward to appear for GATE.
[Note: These dates have been confirmed by the respective authority and can be changed without any prior notice.]
- Online Application for GATE begins on: 1st September 2015
- Online Application for GATE closes on: 1st October 2015 (inclusive)
- Request for making changes in City: 20th November 2015
- Online Admit Card available from: 17th December 2015
- GATE Examination date: 30th January to 25st February 2015
- GATE Result: 12th March 2016
List of GATE-2016 Papers and Corresponding Codes
List of GATE-2016 Papers and Corresponding codes is given in image.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2016 Exams
Candidates who have Bachelor degree in Engineering/Architecture/Technology/Post-B.Sc/Post-Diploma/B.E/B.Tech and Master Degree in Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Application is eligible to apply for GATE-2016. One important thing is that candidates who are in the final year of such programs also eligible.
How to Apply for GATE 2016?
To facilitate the candidates and make the examination registration process hassle-free, the organizing committee has made the application process online. As a candidate, you are simply required to access GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) which will be available from September 1 2015, Tuesday.
When you access the website, be ready with a scan of your photograph, a scan of your signature and other documents such as certificates and results.
- When you start your registration process, fill up your name as similar to that which appears on your results and certificates. For an instance, if your name is Manoj Kumar Agarwal and your certificate has the name Manoj Agarwal, then make sure that you are filling your name as Manoj Agarwal only.
- Upload all the necessary documents such as your photograph, signature, required certificates and the marks obtained at various academic levels.
- Once the details has been entered, recheck them and ensure that all information is correct as per your records. Click on continue to move on to payment section.
- The examination fee can be made online. The offered modes are Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card. You can also use e-Challan for making payments.
- Please remain patient and ‘DO NOT PRESS the REFRESH button’ until and unless payment has been processed and a confirmation mail and message has reached your inbox.
- The email/ message will include a login ID and Password which you will be required to use while logging into GOAPS and download your admit card later on.
At any point of time, if you have any doubts or questions with respect to registration, feel free to contact the zonal offices of GATE.
Who can apply for GATE 2016?
There are certain implied conditions for candidates who are looking forward to appear for GATE 2016. If the following conditions are satisfied by the candidate, his eligibility becomes confirmed:
- The candidate must have degree in B. Tech/ B. Pharm/ B. E/ B. Arch from a recognized university.
- The candidate must possess a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in any one of these branches- Mathematics/ Computer/ Science/ Statistics.
- A candidate who has a Bachelor’s degree in Science can also apply.
- Integrated M. Sc or Integrated B. Sc (five year) should be complete.
- All documents including the passing certificate of the above mentioned exams should be available with the candidates. In case a candidate is in the final year, certificate from the college/ university will serve the purpose.
Latest in GATE-2016
- The first new thing in GATE-2016 that exam will be conducted online.
- The female candidates need not to pay any fees.
- The photos and signature will also be uploaded while filing online application form.
- The formula has also changed to calculate GATE score.
- The admit card should be with candidates while attending exams with one recent photograph.
- The new application procedure is very simpler than the old procedure. Candidates must print out the online application form and adhesive the recent photograph with signature. After completing these steps the forum should be sent the respective GATE office along with the required documents.
- The rectification in answer sheet which once darkened by the black ink Ball-point pen is not allowed. So be sure before darkening the answers in OMR sheet. Use only black ink ball pen only.
The non-refundable application fee for General/OBC male candidates is Rs.1200 and Rs.600 for ST/SC/PD male candidates. Female candidates are not liable to give application fee.
Latest Recruitment through GATE 2016
The following are the companies in which the vacancies are available through GATE 2016 exams. you should apply as per the procedure given above. The application and selection procedure is common for all the companies.