Engineering Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The short name of Engineering Service Exam which is popular amongst the candidates is UPSC IES ESE. Indian Engineering Service is the civil service that meet the technical and managerial function of the govt. of India. No doubt, the recruitment of the candidates like all other service examinations, is on the basis of merit and the middle management.
Position in the Bureaucracy are filled through competitive exams. All this is done for the real talent search to the welfare of countries. These services are divided into various groups. Some of the appointments are made by the president of India. You can call these categories or branches of engineering service exam.
The four categories of the ISE – ESE Exam are Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering and electrical communication engineering. The detail about the categories is given below. In this article, we will discuss all about Engineering Service Examination like exam pattern, category, dates 2013, number of vacancies, Eligibility criteria and ESE notifications 2013-14.
Categories or Branches of Engineering Service Exam
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Telecommunication Engineering
All these branches are followed by 4 stage ensures that the candidates selected are the best suited to handle the responsibilities which are entrusted to them. This procedure ensures a best potential for the field.
Detail about categories and services comes under the exams has described in the picture below. Click on the image to see the clear text.
Pattern of Engineering Service Examination
To provide you easy understanding, we can define the exam in two parts; one part is for written examination and second part contain personality test.
1) Part – I Written Examination: The written examination further divided into two sections. Section I contain objective type questions and section II of conventional papers.
- The 1st day is allocated for General ability of 200 marks
- The 2nd day follows paper 2 & 3 . These are also objectives type of 200 marks.
- On 3rd day 4 & 5 paper are subjective type of 300 marks.
So, the candidate needs a lot of his efforts and hard work as it is not every ones job. It is conducted for the Recruitment of candidates to the Indian Engineering Service. It is really a prominent service for the Engineering graduates in India soughing out career opportunities.
2) Part – II Personality Test: The part II contain the personality test having 200 maximum marks.
See also: Government Jobs for Engineers (All notifications till the date by various Government Departments.
Number of Posts in Past years via UPS ESE
But the number of posts are not fixed as per criteria of ESE. It varies according to the number of vacancies.
- In 2010 there were 434 vacancies
- In 2011 there were 693 vacancies
- In 2012 there were 560 vacancies
And now in 2013 ESE is conducting it for the recruitment of candidates as many as 763 posts including 19 vacancies for the PH(PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED) category.
There is a reason behind the such less number of vacancies because it is considered as one of the toughest and hardest exam to be cleared not only in India but also in world with having a very little ratio to be passed out. But because of the so much of difficulty related to the examination and the selection procedure the candidates who got selected get a very high respect and stature in the society.
1) Age: First of all, they consider age criteria which is minimum of 21 years and maximum 30 years. The determination of age may be on 1st Aug or as mentioned in the ESE exam notification.
2) Education Qualification: The following education qualification is required to apply for the ESE exam.
- The candidates should have degree in Engineering from a university recognised in India or from foreign university which is recognized by the Government of India.
- Passed Graduate Membership Exam from the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers in India.
- The candidates should have passed the Associateship Membership Exam Part II and III or section A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Upcoming UPSC Engineering Service Exam Notifications Dates 2013-14
You can find here all the notification for IES -ESE for the year 2013-14.
- The last date to apply for the exam is 6th May 2013 till 11:59 p.m. The candidates can not apply after that.
- Exam Dates: The exam will start from 28th June, 2013 to 30th June, 2013.
Procedure to Apply
Eligible candidates first go to the main website www.upsconline.nic.in. Here you can find the detail instructions to apply online for ESE.
Important Points to Remember
- The last date is very important. So keep in mind that the deadline to apply is 6th May, 2013. Apply 3 or 4 days in advance before last date.
- If you have any doubt, ask us via comment form given below. We will answer you immediately.
- Read the complete Engineering Service Exam 2013 notification carefully at least one time before going to submit application form.