UPSC CMS (Combined Medical Examination) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of medical officers and other medical positions in various services as given below. The recruitment process comes under the rules published by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (Dept. of Health). The article is for the candidates who actually wants to know all about UPSC Combined Medical Service Examination. At present, there are no vacancy open or notification for the same. But the candidates who are interested and preparing for the exam should read the complete article and bookmark it.
UPSC will issue notification in the month of March 2016. The registration will starts from 5th March, 2016 and close on 1st April, 2016.
Services Posts Comes under UPSC CMS 2015
UPSC CMS 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Education Qualification: The candidates who have passed M.B.B.S are eligible to apply for the exam. The candidates who are on final year of M.B.B.S can also apply. The candidates who has not completed internship can also apply but after selection he will be appointed only after he has completed the compulsory rotating internship.
- Age Limit: The maximum age of the candidates should be 32 years as on 1st Jan, 2013. In other words you can say that the date of birth should not be earlier than 2nd Jan, 1981.
- Physical and Medical Standards: The candidates should be medical fit according to the norms fixed by the UPSC for the combined medical service examination.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2016
The pattern of examination is very simple and common according to other competitive exam conducted by the UPSC.
We will divided the whole examination for selection in two parts
Part – I: The written examination which carry 500 marks for two papers.
- Paper – I: The maximum marks for this paper will be 250 which contain the subjects of General Ability, General Medicine, Pediatrics
- Paper – II: The maximum marks for this paper will be 250 which contain the subjects of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Preventive & Social Medicine.
Part -II: The personality test: The candidates who will successed in the written examination will be called for personality test. You can call it interview. The total marks for this part is 100.
Procedure to Apply for UPSC CMS 2016
The procedure to apply for the combined medical service exam is simply online. The procedure to apply online step by step is given below. We also try to give you quick view by inserting the image. So that you can learn quickly.
- First Step: Go to the main website www.upsconline.nic.in, The candidates must ensure that they submit only one application.
- All the candidates must keep in mind that there are two stages to apply online i.e Part-I and Part -II
- The fee of Rs.200 should be paid in the SBI branch by cash or by online transfer.
- The photograph should be signed by the candidates and having maximum size of 40 K B and minimum 3 KB.
- The candidate must apply before the last date. The link will be disabled after last date. So apply 3 or 4 days in advance to avoid mistakes and errors.
- The candidates should have valid email ID and keep it active up to the final section.
You have to check your email regularly to check any correspondence from UPSC.
As the procedure to application is online, So no need to submit any certificates or attachment. But the candidates should keep all the original certificate ready after the written examination result. As the final section will be done on the basis of verification of original certificates.
Important or Summary for Quick Look-up
The deadline to apply is 6th May, 2013 till 11.59 p.m. Remember it!
- You have to keep your email ID active till final selection. Don’t miss any communication!
- Open the website three weeks before written exam to download e-Admission Certificate. It is very important!
In Case of any Doubt
The candidates who are serious about to make career through combined medical service examination having any doubt regarding the exam procedure can ask us without any hesitation via comment form given below. We also advice to the candidates that read the complete advertisement/notification issued by the UPSC itself at least one time before submit online application form as it contains the detail syllabus, rules, detail instructions, guidelines, important for communications and other important terms. The candidates clarify their doubts from the officials. The telephone numbers are 11-23385271, 23381125, 23098543.
Other Important Pages of UPSC CMS 2016