The Combined Defence Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice within a year for the recruitment of Air force academy, Naval academy, Military academy and Officers training academy. The exam is also popularly known by its short name “UPSC CDS 2015″. All these are meant for unmarried candidates but out of four the first three are meant for unmarried male candidates only and the last fourth is meant for the unmarried male as well as female candidates.
UPSC Recruitment of 464 Posts of CDS (I) Exam 2015:
- Total Number of Vacancies: 464 Posts (in various course) for UPSC.
- Name of Posts: CDS (I) Exam 2015.
- Age Limit: 20-24 years (relaxation as per rules).
- Qualification: Graduation degree and Engineering Degree in relevant disicplines from any recognized University.
- Selection Procedure: Selection based on called for Officer Intelligence Rating, Picture Perception Description Test, Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and Conference, Medical Exam and Written Exam.
- Application Procedure: Apply Online through Official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Deadlines: 05th Dec, 2014
- Last date for Payment of Fees: 04th Dec, 2015.
- Examination Date: 15th Feb, 2015.
This criteria has come in to existence from last two years, before it female candidates were eligible for all the four potential fields. This may be have done by seeing the difficulty levels associated with it as the exam has extensive difficulty level following with the extreme physical test due to this female candidates are made eligible for the non-technical section only that is Officers training academy that covers only non-technical tasks of the field.
In national defence academy(NDA) you are given lower post of defence academy but in CDS you are directly eligible for higher posts in this very reputed defence academy. This service ensures that every candidate has been mastered in the most required trait for this field that is leadership qualities because in a task of defence you need not to worry but to take the instant decisions, only then you are said to be truly a part of any defence mechanism not only for the field but in general also. Here you will find all about UPSC Combined Defence Service Exam 2014 like eligibility criteria, how to apply, pattern of exam and upcoming notifications 2014.
The CDS is meant only to be registered by the graduates, for these the eligibility criteria is as under:-
For naval academy
- Qualification: The candidates should have a degree of B.Sc. with physics or mathematics or Bachelor of engineering.
- Age limit: The age should be between 19 to 24 years.
For air Force academy
- Qualification: The candidates should hold the certificate of 10+2 with Mathematics & Physics or having Engineering degree.
- Age: The candidates should have the age between 19 to 24 years.
For Indian military Academy/ Officers training academy
- Qualification: To apply for this course, the candidates required a graduation degree/bachelor degree in any subject.
- Age: The age should be between 19 to 25 years.
Physical Standard: The candidates should also fit according to the norms fixed by the commission. The admission is only possible if the candidates physically fit.
Combined Defence Service Exam Exam Pattern
The selection procedure for the admission consist of written test and interview. Naval academy/ Air force academy/ Indian military academy follows an objective test of 300 marks and Officers training academy follows an objective test of 200 marks.
Papers to get admission in Naval Academy, Air Force and Indian Military Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hours|
Papers go get admission in Training Academy as admission to officers
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
Candidates selected in written exam are sent for a very exhausting personal interview that lasts about a week under the selection procedure of SSB(Service Selection Board) During this week candidates experience an amazing one week with their Physical test the most and a very tough psychological test. This toughness to make sure that the selected one is a pure officers material. After this qualifier is sent to armed officers training again an life making super adventures that could be lived here only with a professional training becoming a matured person to an unmatured common man. This all is follows on the principle of psychologically famous theory i.e. trait theory. That bring out all inner potential possible by this extensive training. Being a pure officer material a potential is ready to serve for their services.
How to Apply for CDS Exam 2014
Now, all the competitive exam’s application procedure is online. So, the candidates are required to apply through online procedure. Offline application will not be accepted by the commission. The candidates can apply through the main official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
Combined Defence Service Exam Notifications
Notification comes twice year in the month of August and march and exam being conducted in month of February and august respectively. Most important point is to keep following the website (www.recruitmentnews.in) regularly for keep you to be updated if any modification are made and to keep yourself not to being a victim for missing your career making opportunities. You just need to bookmark this page or subscriber your email to get upcoming notifications for UPSC Combined Defence Service Exam.